In-Public was set up in 2000 to provide a home for Street Photographers
Our aim is to promote Street Photography and to continue to explore its possibilities. All the photographers featured here have been invited to show their work because they have the ability to see the unusual in the everyday and to capture the moment. The pictures remind us that, if we let it, over-familiarity can make us blind to what’s really going on in the world around us.
iP exhibitions’ archive
- 2002 : In-Public.com: Street Photography, Acute Angle Gallery, London,June / July 2002. Included the work of seven members of In-Public.
- 2010 : in-public @ 10, Photofusion, Brixton, London, 28 May – 9 July 2010.Travelled to Les Ballades Photographiques de Seyssel, Seyssel, France, 12 – 23 July 2011, where it also included the film In-Sight (2011) and The French exhibition by Nick Turpin.Included photographs by In-Public members Nick Turpin, David Gibson, Richard Bram, Matt Stuart, Andy Morley-Hall, Trent Parke, Narelle Autio, Adrian Fisk, Nils Jorgensen, Jesse Marlow, Melanie Einzig, Jeffrey Ladd, Amani Willett, Gus Powell, Christophe Agou, Otto Snoek, Blake Andrews, David Solomons, George Kelly and Paul Russell.
- 2011 : London Street Photography: 1860–2010, Museum of London, London, 18 February – 4 September 2011. Travelled to Museum of the City of New York, NY, 27 July – 2 December 2012 .Included photographs by In-Public members Richard Bram, Adrian Fisk, David Gibson, Nils Jorgensen, Paul Russell, David Solomons, Matt Stuart and Nick Turpin, and others.
- 2011 : Derby Museum and Art Gallery , Format 11 Photography Festival, Derby, England, 4 March – 3 April 2011. Exhibition of photographs by various In-Public members, and the film In-Sight (2011), commissioned for the festival.
- 2011 : From Distant Streets: Contemporary International Street Photography, Galerie Hertz, Louisville Photo Biennial, Louisville, KY, 2 October – 12 November 2011. Curated by Richard Bram. The 29 photographers exhibited included 14 members of In-Public.
- 2012 : iN-PUBLiC.com, Second International Photography Festival, Jaffa Port, Tel Aviv, Israel
- 2013 : Snickarbacken 7, Stockholm, Sweden, 22 May – 26 June 2013. An augmented version of their in-public @ 10 exhibition alongside an exhibition of five Stockholm street photographers organised by Contemporary Urban Photography (CUP). Included photographs from all 22 members of In-Public at that time.
- 2013 : iN-PUBLiC: An Exhibition of Street Photography, Thailand Creative and Design Centre, Bangkok, Thailand, 6 February – 24 March 2013. In conjunction with the British Council.
- 2013 : Miami Street Photography Festival , Miami, FL. In-Public group show.
- 2014 : Night of Collectives, Street Parade festival, Paris, 18 November 2014.Also with Strange.rs and Burn My Eye street photography collectives.